Friday, April 19, 2013

Dick Act of 1902


Hi John,

I have heard of the Dick Act of 1902 (dealing with the 2nd amendment and the militia) being talked about on various forums but could never find an actual copy of it. After much searching I located a copy at a particular University. They copied it in its entirety and sent it to me by USPS.

I have scanned this copy but because it is quite big (42MB) I have uploaded it to my website for anyone to download.

Here is the URL:


Please spread far and wide. There is no copyright on this document.

Hope you can post the link on your site.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Link does not work for me?

Anonymous said...

The entire act is available online in the statutes at large.

Now if you read the act it ONLY applies to men between 18 and 45 years of age and there is nothing in this act that would prohibit making any laws against owning firearms which has been posted all over the internet.

If you read this act it would actually infringe the rights of a militia because this act states the militia is the national guard, not all the free men within a state. Only men between 18 and 45 years of age who are in the national guard.

The CONstitution did not define a militia as being a national guard.

Anonymous said...

i have a question. how is your hemp brick/bread better than anyone else s?